Graduate students are advised by faculty within their department. For a list of departments and degree programs are listed below. If you are unsure which program you wish to apply to, please contact Dr. David Rutledge, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Admission to Graduate programs in the College of Education first requires admission to the Graduate School at NMSU, then admission to the particular program that you are interested in. If you are interested in K-12 public school teaching, you also need to be admitted to the Teacher Education Program. Requirements differ by program; please see the list of programs below.
Graduate Programs Available
- Masters of Arts Degree (MA)
- Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) in School Psychology
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts (M.A.) and Licensure Program in Educational Administration- PK-12 program
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Educational Administration – Community College and University Administration program
- Educational Leadership Doctoral Program
- Masters of Arts in Special Education (MA)
- Master of Arts in Communication Disorders – Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Special Education
Funding for Research