Why should I apply to be a College of Education Ambassador? College of Education ambassadors get to meet new people, share their knowledge & love of NMSU, and help students every day! As an ambassador, you will also build connections throughout campus by working closely with the College of Education, University Admissions, and other departments on campus.
What will the College of Education Ambassador Organization do for my Future? Students chosen to be part of the ambassador group receive development opportunities for improving skills in problem solving, team building, interpersonal communication, diversity, public speaking, and professional etiquette. Through this student organization, College of Education ambassadors have opportunities to use these skills throughout the year.
What is being a College of Education Ambassador all about? The College of Education ambassador organization is an opportunity for you, along with others in the College of Education with a desire to help others, to promote New Mexico State University. We are looking for outgoing, friendly students with a genuine love for NMSU who want to give campus tours, provide excellent customer service, recruit new students, and be positive role models. Being a College of Education ambassador is a unique chance for personal and professional growth.
What do I need in order to qualify to be an ambassador?
- Have and maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative grade point average from NMSU as an undergraduate student; 3.25 as a graduate student. If the minimum grade point average is not maintained, you will be denied benefits as a College of Education ambassador.
- Commit to a full academic year of service.
- Exhibit leadership and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Provide two references – from either former employer and/or from an NMSU faculty, instructor or staff member.
- Be in good standing with the university and free of any disciplinary actions.
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Be able to visually explore the campus with visitors and help with the recruitment of undergraduates.
In order to apply to be a student ambassador fill out the student ambassador application packet (see below) and submit the complete packet to:
O’Donnell Hall, Room 301
c/o Dean’s Fellow
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces NM 88003-8001
- Student Ambassador Application 2019 Download PDF
- Student Ambassador Application 2019 Download Word Doc
- Student Ambassador Recommendation