APPLY FOR A 5,000 Award for the Improvement of Secondary Teaching
Teachers practicing in middle and high schools in the state of NM.
May be used for creative ideas to improve instruction! Think video cameras, laptops, books, ipods, Kindles, calculators field trip money, math manipulatives, CDs, films and any other multitude of ideas you might have!
How to Apply
Send request for application information to Mrs. Angelica Wortham email: email@example.com
The competition was established by request from Fanny and Floy French to the New Mexico State University Foundation in 1981, and is granted to the winning proposal(s) resulting from an annual competitive proposal process. Award winners receive approximately $5,000.
Proposals must be received by May 30, 2016, and the award winner will be selected by June 15, 2016. The money and project must be implemented during the 2016-2017 school year.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ANNUAL IMPROVEMENT OF SECONDARY TEACHING AWARD
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
- Please write a proposal that includes the items described below. Proposals must be no longer than six pages, double-spaced, with one-inch margins and at least 12-point font.
- Provide information regarding the project for which you propose to use the funding. Please include:
- a brief description of your project in relation to your content area(s) and why you are interested in doing it,
- why there is a need for your project,
- how the project will improve instruction and benefit students, and
- what you hope to learn from the project.
- Provide a detailed plan of what you will do, what students will be expected to do, and the time frame in which you will do it. (MONEY MUST BE UTILIZED DURING THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR)
- Include a budget for necessary materials for the project. Budget totals should be close to the total amount of $5,000 of the Award.
- Provide a plan for how you will evaluate what the project accomplished and how you will utilize the information you have learned for future teaching
- Include a resume for all persons who will be actively involved in the proposed project (not part of the six page limit).
The College of Education’s Committee of Secondary Education will evaluate the proposals according to the attached rubric (2nd page of proposal).
Please send your proposal via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
Mrs. Angelica Wortham
Assistant Director of Secondary Education
New Mexico State University
Department of Curriculum and Instruction
MSC 3CUR – PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003