Fanny and Floy French
Improvement of Secondary Teaching Award
($2,500 – $5,000)
Teachers practicing in middle and high schools in the state of NM.
May be used for creative ideas to improve instruction! Think video cameras, laptops, books, ipods, Kindles, calculators field trip money, math manipulatives, CDs, films and any other multitude of ideas you might have!
How to Apply
Send request for application information to Dr. Cecilia Hernandez email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition was established by request from Fanny and Floy French to the New Mexico State University Foundation in 1981, and is granted to the winning proposal(s) resulting from an annual competitive proposal process. Award winners receive approximately $2,500 – $5,000.
Proposals must be received by Friday, April 26, 2019, and the award winner will be selected by May 17, 2019. The money and project must be implemented during the 2019-2020 school year.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ANNUAL IMPROVEMENT OF SECONDARY TEACHING AWARD
SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Submit a written a proposal that includes the items described below. Proposals must be no longer than six pages, double-spaced, with one-inch margins and at least 12-point font. This does not include appendices.
- Provide information regarding the project for which you propose to use the funding.
- Please include:
- A brief description of your project in relation to your content area(s);
- The need for your project;
- How the project will improve instruction and benefit students; and
- What you hope to learn from the project.
- Please include:
- Provide a detailed plan of what you will do, what students will be expected to do, and the time frame in which you will complete the project. (money must be utilized during the 2019 -2020 school year)
- Include a detailed budget for necessary materials for the project. Budget totals should be close to the total amount of the $2,500 – $5,000 Award.
- Provide a plan for how you will evaluate the project accomplishments and how you will utilize the information you have learned for future teaching.
- Include a resume for all persons who will be actively involved in the proposed project (appendices are not part of the six page limit).
The College of Education’s Committee of Secondary Education will evaluate the proposals according to the attached rubric (2nd page of proposal).
Please send your proposal via email to email@example.com or via postal mail to:
Cecilia M. Hernandez, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Science Education
Clinical Director of Alternative Licensure
New Mexico State University
College of Education
School of Teacher Preparation, Administration, and Leadership
MSC 3TPAL, PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003-8001