Here we are in the beginning of our third week and we definitely will be here until the end of April. Of course our “stay at home” might be extended beyond that date and I feel this is a strong probability. I congratulate each of you for your continued contribution to our College. This would not be working without each of us doing the best that we can do in this situation. I am always so proud of the College of Education!
I have listed a few items of interest:
1. We have been recognized by the Guide to Online Colleges:
· 2020 Best Online Bachelor’s Education Degree #6
· 2020 Most Affordable Online Doctoral Education Degree #12
2. Summer classes will be online for Summer 2020. Discussion about fall classes being online continues.
3. There will be a virtual commenment in May, plus all May graduates are invited to participate in the December commencement.
4. No one can enter NMSU buildings without proper permission per the protocols outline in the attached form. Please be sure to adhere to these rules, as they are in place for the safety of all university personnel and their families.
5. Annual leave is being discussed in that maybe the date to use annual leave will be extended so that everyone will not lose their hours above 240. I know that usually people like to use their hours to visit family, friends, etc. and we cannot go anywhere!
6. Hopefully, everyone attended one of the seminars about the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Paid Leave. They will be offering more webinars so that everyone has a chance to participate.
· The FFCRA created the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act. The FFCRA provides employees with paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave for reasons related to COVID-19. This leave may be taken between April 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020.
· You can find more information related to FFCRA at https://benefits.nmsu.edu/leave-holidays/paid-leave-ffcra/
7. The remodeling on the ground floor is continuing on schedule for both new additions to our College of Education community.
8. Our research series is continuing online today with over 20 participants!
Again, I thank each of you for your patience and your participation. I realize this is not easy, but together we will succeed in providing an A plus education for our students, as well as taking care of all of our College of Education business. I am available anytime, email@example.com or my cell 575-571-6116.
Susan Brown, Ph.D.
NMSU College of Education