All classrooms except the OH 033 computer lab (see OH building layout) are scheduled by Academic Scheduling – email email@example.com. Before requesting a room, you can check availability on the ASTRA Schedule.
Conference Rooms, Mac Lab & Distance Education room
O’Donnell Hall has various conference rooms that are occasionally available for reservation. The conference rooms are scheduled and maintained by the individual departments, and are heavily scheduled during regular semesters, however they are sometimes open. Please make your scheduling request with the appropriate department secretary. If a meeting is cancelled, please call the contact to open the venue up for other users. Each conference room is equipped with a computer, projector, screen and console.
|COE/CELP Lab||Room 033||24||Dr. Jennifer Villa – use this form||6-7939|
|Advising Conference Room||Room 107||8-10||Laura Lopez||6-2119|
|ELA Conference Room||Room 210||10-12||Alma Meza||6-4022|
|CEP Conference Room||Room 221||10-12||Norma Arrietta||6-2121|
|C & I Conference Room||Room 126||15-20||Grace Martinez||6-2290|
|Dean’s Large Conf. Room||Room 300||20-25||Leslie Perez||6-5858|
|Dean’s Small Conf. Room||Room 301B||6-8||Leslie Perez||6-5858|
|Research & Budget Room||Room 302J||6-8||Leslie Perez||6-5858|
Public spaces in O’Donnell
The Atrium/Lobby area is an moderately sized, open area which is often used for registration for events held in the adjacent classrooms (OH111 and OH 104), or small receptions, press announcements, awards ceremonies, etc.
The Courtyard (previously the playground) on the south side of O’Donnell is available for events. This space features a grassy area with a stage that can hold events similar to those currently held in the atrium.
The Dean’s Office makes decisions regarding these spaces. Use the form below to request the use of the O’Donnell Hall Atrium and/or Courtyard and to reserve furniture or technology not normally in these spaces (see FAQ 5 & 6). Please note that the person/group requesting furniture or equipment is responsible for setting up and putting away the furniture.
NOTE: Events that will be serving alcohol must adhere to NMSU alcohol policy and an application to serve beer and wine submitted and approved by the alcohol committee prior to the event.
Frequently asked Questions
- What rooms can be scheduled and who does the scheduling?
- All the regular classrooms and seminar rooms are scheduled by academic scheduling. To schedule classrooms email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a student group or a non-academic function, the scheduling office will probably want you to get a facility form signed by the building monitor.
- Conference rooms (107, 126, 221, 210, 300, 301, 302), are scheduled by each department administrative staff.
- Can we have food in the classrooms and conference rooms?
- Yes generally, if you clean up after yourselves and keep it off the carpets and equipment. We prefer that you schedule rooms with tile floors, if possible, when you are serving food. Most regular classrooms have tile floors. Rooms 111 and 104 and most conference rooms have carpet, so it’s best to plan meals in other rooms. Check with the department secretary about department rules regarding their conference rooms. Food in the science classroom (127) and the computer labs is officially discouraged, but dry snacks and drinks are possible if they are kept to the tables in the center of the room and away from the computers.
- Can alcohol be served in O’Donnell hall?
- Yes with the proper paperwork and servers. Events that will be serving alcohol must adhere to NMSU alcohol policy and an application to serve beer and wine submitted and approved by the alcohol committee prior to the event. (Start early; this usually takes about 2 weeks to be approved.)
- Can we rearrange the furniture?
- Yes, if you put it back. The tables in all the classrooms (except 111) and most conference rooms are on wheels, and can be moved very easily. Please unlock the wheels before moving the tables, and lock them down when they are in place and when you reset the room.
- What technology is available?
- All the regular classrooms and conference rooms have projector screen, computer, and DVD & VHS player. All have built-in speakers with excellent sound. OH 111 has Panopto and Adobe Connect for recording.
- What furniture, besides the standard classroom furniture is available?
The following items are available for use in O’Donnell Hall and in the courtyard. Please note that the person/group requesting furniture or equipment is responsible for setting up and putting away the furniture.
- 6 white 5′x2′ folding tables
- 8 white 4′ round tables
- 8 tall cocktail tables
- 50 folding chairs
- Podium with mic & speaker
- Table top Podium with mic & speaker
- 6′ screen
- several large trash cans
- 2 8′ square canopies for courtyard
- portable sound system (for courtyard)
- OFS also has tables and chairs that can be ordered for outdoor use.