Minors and Second Teaching Fields

The College of Education offers minors in Counseling and Educational Psychology, Dance, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership and Administration, and Exercise Science. A minor can add versatility to your knowledge, skills and abilities. Some students prepare for their intended career with their major while pursuing personal interests with a minor. Other students pursue their major and declare a minor to specialize in a subject and make themselves more attractive to employers.

A minor is 18 credit hours, 9 of which must be 300+ level courses. For specific minor requirements visit the department in which the minor is housed or download the PDF below. To ‘declare” a minor, visit the Center for Academic Advising and Student Support, and fill out a Change of Major/ Minor Form. Once your minor is complete, you must have the department sign off on the Minor Completion Form that can be found at the respective department, and or at the Center for Academic Advising.

Catalog information for Undergraduate Minors