Graduate Programs Available
Counseling & Educational Psychology
- Masters of Arts Degree (MA)
- Specialist in Education (Ed.S.) in School Psychology
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Counseling Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Special Education (MA)
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Special Education
School of Teacher Preparation, Administration and Leadership
Master of Arts in Education
- MA/MAT in Education Programs Page (General information)
- Master of Arts in Education Plus Licensure Concurrently (earn a teaching license in the areas of Elementary Education or Secondary Education while earning a Master of Arts in Education degree)
- Alternative Licensure
- Master of Arts in Education (Non-Licensure)
- Master of Arts in Education (for licensed PK-12 teachers)
Masters of Arts in Special Education
Masters of Arts in Educational Administration
- Master of Arts (M.A.) and Licensure Program in Educational Administration- PK-12 program
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Educational Administration – Community College and University Administration program
Master of Arts in Teaching
Doctor of Education
- Curriculum and Instruction (catalog)
- Educational Administration (catalog)
- Special Education (catalog)
Doctor of Philosophy
Graduate students are advised by faculty within their department. For a list of departments and degree programs are listed below. If you are unsure which program you wish to apply to, please contact Dr. David Rutledge, email@example.com.
Admission to Graduate programs in the College of Education first requires admission to the Graduate School at NMSU, then admission to the particular program that you are interested in. If you are interested in K-12 public school teaching, you also need to be admitted to the Teacher Education Program. Requirements differ by program; please see the list of programs below.
Funding for Graduate Study
The Graduate School offers awards, assistantships, and fellowships to qualified graduate students.
Most graduate assistantships offered by New Mexico State University are awarded by the students’ academic department. Assistantships are available to students who enroll in both master’s degree and doctoral programs.