Why should I apply to be a College of Education Ambassador? In addition to non-monetary awards, College of Education ambassadors get to meet new people, share their knowledge and love of NMSU and help students every day! They also build connections throughout campus by working closely with the College of Education, University Admissions, and other departments on campus.
What will the College of Education Ambassador Organization do for my Future? Students chosen to be part of this elite group receive valuable training and develop skills in problem solving, team building, interpersonal communication, diversity, public speaking, and dining etiquette, making them more marketable in today’s workforce. Through this organization, College of Education ambassadors have opportunities to use these skills.
What is being a College of Education Ambassador all about? The College of Education ambassador organization is an amazing opportunity for students with a desire to help others and promote New Mexico State University. We are looking for outgoing, friendly students with a genuine love for NMSU who want to give campus tours, provide excellent customer service, recruit new students and be positive role models. Being a College of Education ambassador is a prestigious honor and a unique chance for personal and professional growth.
What do I need in order to qualify to be an ambassador?
- Have and maintain a 2.5 semester and cumulative grade point average from NMSU as an undergraduate student; 3.25 as a graduate student. If the minimum grade point average is not maintained, you will be denied benefits as a College of Education ambassador.
- Commit to a full academic year of service.
- Exhibit leadership and an outgoing, friendly personality.
- Provide three references- one from a former employer and two from full time NMSU faculty or staff members.
- Be in good standing with the university and free of any disciplinary actions.
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Be able to visually explore the campus with visitors and help with the recruitment of undergraduates.
In order to apply to be a student ambassador fill out the student ambassador application packet (see above) and turn it in to:
O’Donnell Hall, Deans Office
MSC 3AC- Rm. 301
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces NM 88003-8001