The College of Education offers student scholarships to new and existing students who are enrolled in a program through our college. Scholarships are available for undergraduate and graduate students. Scholarships help students defray some of the costs associated in attending the university and are made possible by alumni and friends of the college. Eligibility and award amounts vary. For a listing of eligibility requirements and scholarships offered in the college or by department, see College of Education Scholarships, below. Award recipients are invited along with the donors of the the scholarship to a Scholarship Reception in early September.
A FAFSA application can also be submitted to NMSU for additional financial support in the form of grants, loans and work-study. Visit University Financial Aid and Scholarship Services for more information.
For additional financial support for Graduate Students and Loan Forgiveness Programs for Teachers visit
Students are required to only fill out only one application for all NMSU and departmental scholarships. Applications open in November and close March 1st for the following academic year. Please contact Amanda Romero at 646-5858 for more information regarding College of Education scholarships.
To apply fill out the NMSU scholarship application at: scholarships.nmsu.edu.
College of Education Scholarships
Click on the links below for scholarship information.
- College of Education General Scholarships
- Curriculum & Instruction Scholarships
- Counseling & Educational Psychology
- Educational Leadership and Administration Scholarships
- Kinesiology and Dance
- Special Education / Communication Disorders Scholarships
College Awards submitted directly to the College
- Outstanding Senior Award – All applicants must be candidates for degrees for the spring or fall semesters. The award is given once each semester to graduating seniors from the Alumni Association Office. Applications should be submitted to the Dean’s Office, O’Donnell Hall, room 301. Please contact the Dean’s Office for deadline information at 646-5858. Outstanding Senior Award Application
- Fanny & Floy French Award – Annual Improvement of Secondary Teaching Award. This $5,000 award is only offered to secondary teachers currently teaching in the public schools. A proposal must be submitted to the College of Education in the spring semester. Please contact Dr. Cecilia Hernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information regarding the French Award.
- Noyce Award – This award is only for STEM Majors! The award is for a $5,000 Spring Semester stipend and a $5,000 Fall Semester stipend. Please contact Nicole Delgado at 646-7649 or email@example.com