Collaboration Partnership Networking Outreach Research
The mission of the Alliance for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning is to collaboratively contribute to the success of children throughout New Mexico, with a primary focus on the southern part of the state, and the educators who serve them.
The vision of the Alliance is to serve as a catalyst for improved education for school personnel as well as all children and families, particularly for those in rural and border areas in New Mexico and collaborate with appropriate partners to meet the diverse needs of our children.
- To be the principal academic entity providing comprehensive training and educational consulting services to New Mexico schools, particularly rural schools.
- To be the catalyst and inspiration for all schools to meet and exceed the expectations outlined consistent with the requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, evolving New Mexico Statutory requirements, strategic planning and the Educational Plan for Student Success (EPSS).
- To provide teachers, administrators, parents, and children access to materials that will improve academic progress and success.
- To collaborate with the Public Education Department (PED) and Regional Educational Cooperative Centers (REC) to provide training and consulting services to schools, particularly rural schools.
- To work with identified schools to assist them in achieving alignment between the Educational Plan for Student Success, Instruction, and Student Outcomes
- To provide additional resources for identified areas (e.g. reading, science, math, special education, and bilingual education).
- To conduct formative and summative evaluation of collaborative initiatives implemented to address the goals of the Alliance and to statistically evaluate best practices for improving the education of all children in schools.
- To disseminate information and research about best practices in meeting the challenges of schools.
- To advise and assist school districts and schools in the development of family involvement policies and procedures that facilitate and sustain family involvement that is consistent with the requirements of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, evolving New Mexico Statutory requirements, strategic planning and the Educational Plan for Student Success (EPSS).