O’Donnell Hall, home of the College of Education, was built in 1968. The building was named after William B. O’Donnell, a former professor, dean of students and dean of the college. He was vice president of the university from 1959 to 1968.
The building is located at 1220 Stewart Street, between Sweet and Williams Avenue, just north of Preciado Park.
O’Donnell Hall houses the college’s administrative departments and the academic departments, Counseling and Educational Psychology, Curriculum & Instruction, and Educational Management & Development. The Department of Special Education and Communication Disorders remains, for now, in the Speech building, though we hope to add on to O’Donnell Hall in the future. The Department of Human Performance, Dance and Recreation is located in the Activity Center; Athletic Training has offices in the Fulton Center.