Empowering Voices: Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Immigrant Families in the Borderlands
Facilitator: Dr. Anna Lopez, MA Program Training Director
Co-Sponsorship with the Southwestern Institute for the Advancement of Psychotherapy, LLC (SIAP)
July 14, 2017 8:00am – 5:00pm
Corbett Center – Senate Chambers
Registration opens: June 5, 2017
- Early bird – $85.00: June 5-23, 2017
- Regular – $100.00: June 24- July 13, 2017
- On-site – $115.00: July 14, 2017
- Student – $40.00: June 5 – July 14, 2017
Meals Included: Breakfast, Lunch, Afternoon Snack
For more information contact: Dr. Anna Lopez, Training Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit NMSU Parking Department to obtain Free Visitor Permit for day of training: http://auxadminforms.nmsu.edu/ParkingForms/ePermit.aspx
SIAP is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SIAP maintains responsibility for the program and its content.
- Recognize factors that contribute to the mental health of immigrant families.
- Identify specific interventions that may be helpful in working with immigrant clients.
- Discuss potential legal or ethical considerations for working with immigrant clients.