Curriculum & Instruction
Graduate Assistantships are available through the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Assistantships are available to students who enroll in both master's degree and doctoral programs.
- Applicants must be admitted to the Graduate School. Students with experience as educators will be given priority in appointments to assistantships. Because of the strong commitment of the University, the College, and the Department to diversity, persons from ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply.
- Stipends range from approximately $15,800 - $16,200 for a nine-month appointment.
- SPECIAL BENEFIT:
- During the first year of their appointments all graduate assistants pay only resident tuition fees. In subsequent years non-residents qualify for in-state rates by becoming residents.
- Assistants typically work 20 hours per week. Duties may be in the areas of instruction, research, or administration. However, the majority of assistants are assigned instructional responsibilities such as supervising undergraduates' field experiences, teaching of lower division courses, or assisting a professor with the course instruction.
- COURSE LOAD:
- Graduate assistants are required to enroll in nine hours of graduate coursework.
Department of Curriculum & Instruction
P.O. Box 30001, MSC 3 CUR
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces, NM 88003-0001
Phone: (575) 646-4820