How to Apply to the Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program
We have recently updated our application system. If you have already mailed your application, we will accept your application. However, if you are able, please also upload your application using the link below.
DEADLINE: ALL application materials must be received by December 15.
Complete the application to the NMSU Graduate School for the Summer term using the online application and pay the application fee.
Graduate Student Services, MSC 3G
New Mexico State University
P.O. Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
Apply to the NMSU Graduate School by completing the following: Online Application
As part of this application, you will need to upload the following:
1. One unofficial transcript from each college or university previously attended.
2. An unofficial copy of your GRE report that you received from ETS. The scores must be from the last 5 years. (There is no required minimum GRE score for admission. GRE Code for NMSU is R4531).
3. Your most current curriculum vitae.
4. A letter of intent, requesting admission to the Counseling Psychology doctoral program. This letter should give a sense of who you are and the ways in which the NMSU Counseling Psychology Program will meet your professional goals.
5. A sample of your recent undergraduate or graduate writing that demonstrates utilization of research (e.g., citing current research in a course paper) or conducting original research (e.g., senior or master's thesis or professional publications).
6. The names and contact information of three (3) recommenders who will provide a letter of reference concerning your competency to complete doctoral level work. These recommenders should be former instructors and counseling supervisors.
For questions about the application process, please contact:
Sandy Newsome, Ph.D., Coordinator of Doctoral Admissions
Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program
PDF Files require Adobe Acrobat Reader.